Not to fear missing out however – this version of a McMuffin rocks and you can customize it to suit your taste-buds.
- Breakfast Or Lunch
- Yield: as desired
- Prep time: 5-8 minutes
- Vegan, Gluten-free options
English muffins, toasted (Find in the freezer section of your grocers)
(Use the Food for Life rice tortilla or the corn wraps from Whole Foods if gluten-free and go tostada style)
Basil pesto, ideally dairy free and/or your favorite hummus or cashew cheese
Thin slices avocado or avocado mashed with a little lemon and sea salt
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or sun-dried tomato pesto
Fresh tomato slices
Raw hemp seeds or toasted pine nuts
Sea salt, cayenne, black pepper, nutritional yeast, fresh basil leaves
- Spread a little pesto and/or hummus/cheese evenly on each half of the muffin. Top one half with avocado slices, 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, a tomato slice, basil leaves, hemp seeds or pine nuts and season as desired.
- Press muffin halves together or enjoy open-faced and dive in or wrap in parchment paper for a great to-go breakfast.
- Not an avocado fan? Sub in tomatoes, raw or sauteed mushrooms or roasted eggplant, zucchini or peppers.
- Add slivered greens such as arugula (a fave addition)
- Make this open faced and garnish as above adding a sassy drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Add additional protein with beans of your choice scattered over the pesto